The Christian Church has been called the only institution that exists for the sake of those who are not in it. At Christ Church, the Outreach Team and the Deacon connect the parish to the surrounding community and the wider world. Contact the church office for more information.
- Community Picnic - Each year we invite everyone in Burlington to a free picnic in North Hill Park. In 2011 this was combined with a remembrance of the tenth anniversary of 9/11.
- Community Action - We have donated childrens' pajamas, underwear, and socks in response to needs identified by Community Action of Southeast Iowa.
- Salvation Army Suppers - several times a year we prepare Sunday supper for the Salavation Army.
- Love Offerings - support food pantries, the domestic violence and homeless shelters, and the animal shelter.
- Mission Support - we have provided supplies and a $5000 motor for a seaworthy boat for medical missions in Haiti.
- Mission Trips - parishioners have traveled to Swaziland and the Dominican Republic to build schools and provide medical care.
There are many ways to be part of the community that is Christ Church. If you want to be more involved in church life, call the church office at 752-1381.
- Worship - help lead services as a lector (reader), server, Eucharistic minister, or usher
- Music - sing in the choir or play an instrument
- Altar Guild - prepare the church for worship and maintain its beauty
- ECW - join the women of the church in raising funds for community needs
- Fellowship Team - organize social events and send greeting cards to parishioners
- Formation Team - help guide the children and youth programs